The level 3 instructors syllabus is essentially a tournament refereeing workshop. All candidates should be capable of conducting their own competitions and adjudicating matches fairly.
Workshops are available throughout the year, and are open to members of any academy or school! Competent officials are the lifeblood of any competitive scene, and we do our best to help train dedicated professionals who are fit for purpose.
THE LINTON CUP
The Linton Cup is the UK LED Sabre Open Tour event, held annually and hosted by ourselves, the Silver Sabres Combat Academy Ltd.
The LED Sabre Open Tour rules of engagement were originally created by Faisal Mian and Nick Musson, as a pathway through competition and towards display fighting. Today, it represents the modern combat sport that emerges from the practice of LED Sabre, as taught by ourselves and our friends.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE LED SABRE OPEN TOUR (LSOT) PROGRAMME
The LSOT is an international affiliation programme intending to unite the LED Sabre community here on planet Earth, and to give them the opportunity to meet and duel under a common set of rules and principles:
- To establish safe practice, with a Code of Conduct, and minimum standards for protective equipment, blades and hilts, and by prohibiting any techniques that pose a significant threat to the health of the participants or spectators.
- To encourage cross training and provide an opportunity for social interaction between academies and clubs.
- To collect feedback from academies and clubs, and to provide a channel for new ideas to be shared.
- To allow all academies and clubs to evolve and develop their own cultures and practices, provided that they adhere to LSOT protocols when they meet other affiliates for sparring or competition.
- To have fun!
- To provide the service to all affiliated clubs for no charge.
- To be inclusive and welcoming to all clubs and academies, regardless of their other affiliations.
- Protective gloves
- 350N Fencing Mask, with bib/throat protection
- Cup/box (for men)
- Elbow guards
- Knee guards
- Chest guard
- Clavicle guards
- Floating rib guards
- Back of head/neck guard
- Upper arm guards
- Forearm guards
- Outer thigh guards
- Inner thigh guards
- Waist guard/belt
- Groin guard (women)